Learn how to stay healthy, eat well, and manage your weight.
Does your family need help to stay active or eat right? A healthy family starts with proper fitness and nutrition.
Your family can attend our program to learn how to stay fit and make good food choices. To sign up for Keep Fit click here.
The weight management department at Texas Children's Health Plan offers:
- Keep Fit, a 3-week exercise and nutrition class.
- Health coaching over the phone.
- Fitness and nutrition classes at some pediatrician offices.
- Help from dieticians and referrals to other programs.
Other programs we can connect you with are:
- 10 weeks of meetings at Weight Watchers.
- Dieticians at Texas Children's Hospital Main and West Campuses and at Texas Children's Health Centers in Clearlake, Cy-Fair, Sugar Land, and The Woodlands.
- MEND (Mind, Exercise, Nutrition, Do it!), a free program for overweight children ages 9 to 12 and their parents.
- Teen WOW is an 8-week session for ages 12 to 18.Topics include self-esteem, motivation, goal setting, nutrition, and fitness education.
- Program for Healthy Bodies (nutrition help).
- Weigh of Life (nutrition help).
- Healthy Beginnings (nutrition and exercise classes for ages 8 to 12).
- Summer programs and year-round sports teams at Houston Parks and Recreation Department.
- Kamp Ka'ana, a 2-week summer weight camp for kids ages 10 to 14.
Call us at 832-828-1430 to learn more about our programs or to talk with a health coach. Or you can call 1-866-959-6555 (CHIP) or 1-866-959-2555 (STAR).