When you are pregnant, taking care of yourself and your baby is important. The care you receive when you are pregnant will help your baby come into this world healthy and strong. In order to do this, mothers need health coverage. Texas Children’s Health Plan covers pregnant women and unborn children through Medicaid and CHIP perinatal.
If you qualify for Medicaid, you can get prenatal coverage from Texas Children’s Health Plan. Pregnant STAR members get:
- Prenatal care (the care you get while you are pregnant).
- Prescription drugs.
- Dental care.
Texas Children’s Health Plan offers CHIP perinatal services. CHIP prenatal is no-cost health coverage for pregnant women. To get CHIP perinatal, you must:
- Meet certain income requirements.
- Not qualify for Medicaid.
- Not have any other health coverage.
To learn more, call 1-800-990-8247 or email email@example.com.
CHIP perinatal member benefits include:
- Up to 20 prenatal (the care you get while you are pregnant) visits.
- Prescriptions and prenatal vitamins.
- Labor and delivery of the baby.
- Up to 2 follow-up doctor visits for the mother.
Texas Children’s Health Plan STAR and CHIP perinatal members get these added benefits:
- 24-Hour Nurse Help Line.
- Help getting to the doctor (additional transportation).
- Star Babies program and website.
- Pregnancy gift program.
- Childbirth, parenting, and infant care classes.
- Case management for members with high-risk pregnancies.
- Much more!