Make sure your contact information is up to date!
Provide us with your updated contact information.
Renew My Coverage
If you have received a notification from Texas Health and Human Services Commission (HHSC) regarding Medicaid renewal, make sure to respond quickly!
How will I know when it’s time for me to renew my plan?
HHSC will be sending your renewal packet via mail and/or email with specific directions and timing for each individual. You will need to fill out the packet and send it back to HHSC to keep your coverage.
Prepare to give HHSC the following information:
- Your child’s social security number.
- Your family income within the last 30 days. (EX: check stubs, most recent income tax, W-2 form, wage forms and/or a letter from your employer.)
- U.S. Birth Certificate or proof of legal residency status for your child. (Parents and/or guardians do not need to prove their citizenship status for their child to get coverage.)
You can submit your renewal packet to HHSC in three different ways:
Log into your profile at YourTexasBenefits.com to renew online.
Call HHSC at 2-1-1, option 2 to renew over the phone.
What if I don't get a renewal packet?
Call HHSC at 2-1-1, option 2, or log into YourTexasBenefits.com. Don’t wait or you may not have time to respond. If you moved recently, be sure to tell the HHSC so you don’t miss future mailings
Can I get help with my renewal packet?
We understand the renewal process can be confusing. Our Application Assistance team members can help you in person or on the phone. Visit our Application Assistance page for more details.
How can I check the status of my application?
- Log in to your profile at YourTexasBenefits.com.
- Log in to your profile through the Your Texas Benefits mobile app.
- Call HHSC at 2-1-1, option 2.
Renew now to continue to take advantage of our member exclusive extra benefits with our Healthy Rewards Program*, which includes:
- Transportation assistance at no-cost
- Rewards for important health checkups
- Portable crib at no cost for new moms
- Meals for moms
- Health Education Events
- Much more!