Learn how to stay healthy, eat well and manage your weight.
The weight management department at Texas Children's Health Plan offers:
- Health coaching over the phone.
- Fitness and nutrition classes at some pediatrician offices.
- Help from dieticians and referrals to other programs.
Other programs we can connect you with are:
- 10 weeks of meetings at Weight Watchers.
- Dieticians at Texas Children's Hospital Main and West Campuses and at Texas Children's Health Centers in Clearlake, Cy-Fair, Sugar Land, and The Woodlands.
- Teen WOW is an 8-week session for ages 12 to 18. Topics include self-esteem, motivation, goal setting, nutrition and fitness education.
- Weigh of Life (nutrition help).
- Healthy Beginnings (nutrition and exercise classes for ages 8 to 12).
- Summer programs and year-round sports teams at Houston Parks and Recreation Department.
- Kamp Ka'ana, a 2-week summer weight camp for kids ages 10 to 14.
Resources to help you:
Call us at 832-828-1430 to learn more about our programs or to talk with a health coach. Or you can call 1-866-959-6555 (CHIP) or 1-866-959-2555 (STAR).