Pregnancy during COVID-19
During this time, keeping yourself and your baby healthy is more important than ever. If you are pregnant during COVID-19, you probably have questions. What if I get it? Should I do anything different? Am I or my baby at greater risk?
To help, we’ve compiled a list of things to keep in mind and to ask your doctor about during your appointments. Please print this and keep it throughout your pregnancy to help you plan for the healthiest and safest delivery.
- Coronavirus (COVID-19), pregnancy, and breastfeeding: A message for patients
- If you are pregnant, breastfeeding, or caring for young children – protect yourself and your family from COVID-19
- How to protect yourself & others
STAR Medicaid benefits are available to you during pregnancy and up to 2 months after birth. As a Texas Children’s Health Plan STAR member, you get:
- Prenatal care.
- Prescription drugs.
- Dental care.
CHIP perinatal benefits include:
- Up to 20 prenatal visits.
- Prescription drug coverage.
- The cost of birth and delivery.
- 2 doctor visits for mom after delivery.
- Regular checkups, vaccines, and prescriptions for your baby during the first months of its life.
Get extra help!
- The Star Babies website with helpful pregnancy-related information.
- 24-Hour Nurse Help Line.
- Help getting to the doctor (additional transportation).
- Case management for members with high-risk pregnancies.
- Childbirth and parenting education classes.
- Monthly newsletter.
- Pregnancy gift program.
- Much more!